Friday, June 3, 2011

Time Under the Bar

Today marks day 50 of the Strength Villain Transformation Challenge. I knew that entering this competition would spur me on to make greater progress, and it definitely has. I had a major slowdown with the storm, but I am back on track and I feel like my training has been better than ever.

One thing I have been working towards is completing the Villain Challenges. For the last few weeks I have been right in the thick of is VC #2. I followed the plan that was laid out on the challenge page, but I think with my level of strength I am not quite there yet. I checked in with Coach Steel on the SV Forums and he set me up with a new plan to work with.


"10-20 sets of 5 with 225,235,245(225 the first week, 235 the second, 245 the third) once a week for 3 weeks"


The first real "high volume" squatting that I have ever done has been working on this challenge, and it has been a definite learning experience. Squatting for a high number of reps in one set is one thing, but multiple sets of 5 is still another. They say "repetition is the mother of skill;" and I know it takes a lot of reps to get comfortable with a movement as well as develop good technique. It has taken me a lot of reps to get where I am now, and I feel like my squat has improved this week just from spending more time doing it. 






Much more work to go, but I am looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment